The items in this menu give information on the whole PBW project, as opposed to the particular database which is provided on this site:
- Project definition provides a kind of mission statement for PBW;
- Project history shows the framework in which the project is set — with roots at the beginning of the twentieth century, and constant development throughout its second half;
- Project team lists those who have worked on the project for concerted periods, both as Byzantinists and as technical experts; the PBW Committee which has overseen this Academy project in the name of the British Academy; and other individuals who have contributed in various ways;
- News is a self-evident title;
- 2011 edition gives details of the updating which has taken place and specific thanks for recent aid;
- Copyright explains the proper use of these materials.